Prepare for the new year with a time of reflection.
As we approach a new year, it is a great time for reflecting on what God has done, is doing, and wants to do in and through us. Over the past few years, I have used a life vision statement as a tool to help me think through what I believe God is asking me to do in my life.
Let’s walk through five questions to craft a vision statement for your life. To help you with this exercise, I will use my life’s vision statement as a template for you to follow. Take time to think about your own answers. As you respond to the questions, also ask yourself, “Is this what God would want for my life? Is this why God made me and put me here?”
1) How do you want to be seen in ten years?
• I want to be seen as a man that loves the Father, Son, and Spirit more than anything else in the universe.
• I want to be seen as a man that fought for the heart of his wife.
• I want to be seen as a papa that fought for my children’s hearts as I served and equipped them to glorify God in life.
• I want to be seen as an apostolic pastor-leader that loved, served, and equipped Transformation Church to make God famous in remarkable ways.
• I want to be seen as a man of great faith that embodied the gospel and inspired others to unleash their God-given talent for his glory. …read more